Buying a washing machine can be a daunting task, as there are so many models to choose from. However, if you know exactly what your requirements are, the task is easy to accomplish. For larger, more traditional Pakistani households, it makes sense to buy a larger 9.5 kg washing machine. If you intend to use your washing machine every day as a single person or couple, a 5kg or larger automatic washing machine in Pakistan is suitable.
Do We Use Power rating of Automatic Washing Machines?
- Choosing a power rating depends on a number of factors. First, you need to consider the number of people the washer is designed for. If you live alone or with two other people, a washing machine with a capacity of 5 kg is sufficient.
- On the other hand, if you live with your parents or your own children, you should consider a washing machine in the 7 kg range.
- The second consideration is the frequency of washing. Most people don’t use their washing machines every day, but modern washing machines have a quick wash function for daily use.
- For large families who wash less than once a week, a 6.8 to 7 kg washing machine is suitable.
Should I choose an automatic or semi-automatic machine?
Automatic washing machines work by themselves, following a pre-set cycle, simply by connecting to a water source and adding detergent and clothes. During this cycle, it absorbs water and releases it as needed.
With a semi-automatic washer, water can be added separately, and it is a manual process that involves removing the clothes from the machine and putting them in the dryer. The main difference between these two types is the amount of water needed.
Automatic Washing Machine
- In areas where water is often scarce, or where water is only available once or twice a week, a fully automatic washing machine will not be able to extract the necessary amount of water.
- In this case, you can opt for a semi-automatic washing machine, which allows you to add water according to your wash cycle.
- However, it is also possible to buy a high-efficiency washing machine.
- These are more expensive and require special detergents. However, they use less water than conventional washing machines.
- On the other hand, if the HE washer detects more soap bubbles, it will perform more rinse cycles and therefore produce almost the same amount of water. Therefore, if you don’t have a constant water supply, it may be best to choose a semi-automatic washer.
- If you have a constant water supply but don’t want to spend a lot of money on a high-flow washer, a fully automatic washer is the best option.
- Simply connect the machine to the water supply, add the detergent and laundry, and you can forget about the machine until it’s time to run a cycle based on preset parameters and empty the laundry.
- Some experts also say that a fully automatic conventional washing machine will wash slightly cleaner than an HE model.
- Top- and front-loading washers
- Top-loading and front-loading washing machines each have their advantages.
- Top-loading washers are easier to use because you don’t have to bend over to load the laundry, and the flaps don’t come into contact with the water during washing, which prevents mildew.
- You can also interrupt the wash cycle to put on clothes that have missed the wash.
- Front-loading washing machines are newer in Pakistan and therefore more expensive than top-loading washing machines.
- Both types of drums are essentially the same, and most of today’s top-loading washers do not have a visible center agitator, which would prematurely wear out the clothes.
- The center agitator is gentle on the clothes, and the washing function is in the movement of the drum, not the vacuum.
- And because the drums of front-loading and top-loading washing machines are usually made of the same material and pattern, they won’t cause any additional damage to your laundry.
- If you live with your parents and they use the washer more often, you may want to consider a top-loading washer, which is more convenient for the elderly and those with back pain.
The next thing you need to consider is the requirements of your washing machine. Do you have children? If so, you’ll need to make sure that you have enough room for them.