The new year is a fresh beginning and a chance to build new habits. If healthy eating is on your list of resolutions, then you’re going to need some delicious new shrimp recipes. Why is shrimp an important ingredient in your healthy eating plan?
- Shrimp is a flavorful protein that’s a healthy alternative to beef and a welcome change from plain old chicken.
- Shrimp is versatile; it’s used in nearly every cuisine around the world, so you can find a wide variety of recipes to help you add interest to your menu all year long.
- Shrimp is easy and quick to prepare. You can take shrimp from the freezer to the table in less than 30 minutes for many dishes, making weeknight meals a snap.
Here are two shrimp dinners to get you started on your year of healthy eating:
Budweiser Beer Battered Shrimp Lettuce Cups with Mango Avocado Salsa
Bright, fresh mango salsa and crisp, green lettuce make this weeknight meal a delight for all the senses.
12 oz package of SeaPak Budweiser® Beer Battered Shrimp
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
Two jalapeño, finely diced with seeds removed
Mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
16-24 Butter or Bibb lettuce leaves
If serving this as an appetizer, you can cut the recipe in half.
- Bake the shrimp according to package directions.
- While the shrimp is cooking, make the salsa by combining the tomato, jalapeño, mango, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and Pepper.
- Assemble lettuce cups by placing one or two shrimp in the center of the lettuce leaf and topping it with a spoonful of Mango Avocado salsa.
- Serve immediately.
Shrimp Burrito Bowls
This burrito bowl is a lighter alternative to traditional burritos, plus it comes together fast.
1 9 oz pkg SeaPak® Beer Battered Shrimp
Two pouches of your favorite microwavable rice
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup chicken broth
1 11oz can of corn, drained
1 16 oz container of fresh salsa
Two diced avocados
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Cook shrimp according to package directions.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While shrimp is baking, heat the black beans and broth together in a medium saucepan—season with salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine corn and salsa.
- To serve, divide rice evenly between 2 bowls. Top with black beans, salsa, avocado, lettuce, and shrimp with cilantro and lime wedges on the side.